Baked Tilapia with Lemon Butter An interesting recipe.
Tilapia fillets are baked with a topping mixture made with lemon, butter, parsley, chopped green onions, and seasonings.
- 1 small lemon
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, with tops
- 4 tilapia fillets, about 6 ounces each, about 1 1/2 pounds total
Preheat oven to 400°. Zest lemon and squeeze 1 tablespoon of juice. In a small bowl, combine the peel and juice with the softened butter, parsley, salt, pepper, and green onions.
Butter a 12x8-inch baking dish. Place fillets in baking dish, folding thinner ends under as necessary. Top fillets with the butter mixture. Bake fillets for 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.